I forgot to put this recipe in with the other Passover “tips.” Here’s my twist on Matzah Meal pancakes:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 T orange zest
- 3/4 C orange juice
- 2 t sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 C Matzah meal
- Mix together Matzah meal, salt, sugar and orange zest.
- Beat egg yolks and then add orange juice and mix thoroughly.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least a half hour.
- After the rest, stir the wet ingredients. If the mixture is super stiff, add a little water (like a teaspoon), and stir it in.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the other ingredients.
- Heat a well-buttered skillet or griddle to cook the latkes.
We eat these with butter and honey.